SubjectRe: perf sched record hangs machine

* Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/23/09, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
> >
> > * Chris Malley <mail@chrismalley.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Hi Cyrill
> >>
> >> Heh, yes that just occurred to me as well. With the lapic boot option
> >> I can't reproduce the problem, and get a good recording every time.
> >> Don't know why the BIOS had disabled it (can't see any specific
> >> option).
> >
> > Would still be important to fix the crash - there are boxes where lapics
> > are disabled permanently and cannot be re-enabled. (plus most people
> > dont touch their defaults and dont add funky boot options - so crashing
> > is not an option)
> >

> Ingo, Chris, could you try Peter's patch? It seems like what we need.

It should fix the problem, but also the underlying uncleanliness should
be fixed as well. We need an apic_none driver template with safe
methods. Then all the scattered 'is the lapic enabled' open-coded checks
of global flags can be removed.

Ingo

  Last update: 2009-09-23 12:43    [W:0.124 / U:0.972 seconds]