Subjecthibernate takes long time with huge file transfers
Hi,

I am running a huge file transfer by using simple dd command. I see that the process state of this dd is "D" uninterruptible sleep. Now I hibernate the system.

what I observe is that hibernate takes long time to complete. Looks like its waiting for the "dd" command to complete.
My understanding is that since the process is in uninterruptible sleep, hibernate is not able to stop the task.

Question:
1. Does hibernation work this way wherein it waits for the process to complete and then hibernate. Especially if the process is in uninterruptible sleep state.
2. What if the process is not in uninterruptible sleep?
3. Does sync'ing also adds to longer durations?

Thanks in advance for the help.

With regards,
Anil

  Last update: 2009-09-11 20:13    [W:0.033 / U:0.236 seconds]