SubjectRe: HTC Dream for staging: add support for input on GPIO pins
On Sat 2009-08-08 22:12:46, Trilok Soni wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Pavel Machek<pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
> > From: Arve Hj?nnev?g <arve@android.com>
> >
> > Support for input devices connected to GPIO pins. This adds support
> > for HTC Dream's keyboard and its trackball. Generic support already
> > exists for keyboard on GPIO, but this one is more advanced because it
> > can detect shadow key presses (and actually works with Dream :-).
> >
> > (It also contains Kconfig/Makefile changes, including some that were
> > missing from previous commit. Sorry.)
>
> I don't see any importance of gpio_matrix.c when we already have
> generic gpio matrix driver mainlined. I would suggest to remove those
> bits from this patch. I have added linux-input ML.

Well, I'm trying for staging merge at this point. Reasons why
gpio_matrix is there are:

1) it is non-trivial to remove

2) it has some features mainline lacks

3) HTC Dream actually works with it

(and 4) I'd like to submit code as Arve wrote it, then transform/clean
it up in staging).

Of course, relevant features will need to be extracted from
gpio_matrix and merged at the right places, and that needs to happen
before move from staging/, but I'd like to have working keyboard in
the meantime.
Pavel

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans