    SubjectRe: linux-arm-kernel useless for development (was Re: Your message to Linux-arm-kernel awaits moderator approval)
    On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 13:40 +0100, Russell King wrote:
    > On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 05:59:01PM +0530, David John wrote:
    > > I think the basis of Pavel's complaint is that the ARM mailing list is
    > > difficult to work with for casual users who might want to forward say,
    > > a simple bug report.
    > If only it were as simple as that.
    []
    > I'm not willing to spend vast sums of money in
    > the legal domain to sort this issue out.
    > Neither am I willing to take a chance.

    What chances are those?

    > And no, moving the list outside the EU domain doesn't relieve any
    > of the lawful issues unless (as I understand the law) someone outside
    > the EU were to run the list. And people would have to independently
    > subscribe to it - I wouldn't be able to export the existing subscriber
    > list outside the EU.

    I suspect a vger based ARM list would not require you to "run" it.

    Perhaps you overestimate the value of the arm subscriber database
    as well as the work involved to subscribe to a list.

    Adding a "click this to subscribe to the new list" to the mailing
    list trailer would work reasonably well.

    > Now, people here can tell me I'm wrong, but they aren't in the legal
    > profession... Would you get a gardener to fix your gas boiler, or
    > would you get a qualified and registered gas engineer in?

    Perhaps not using the gas boiler is another option.

      Last update: 2009-08-06 15:07    [W:0.028 / U:60.556 seconds]