SubjectRe: linux-arm-kernel useless for development (was Re: Your message to Linux-arm-kernel awaits moderator approval)
On 08/06/2009 05:38 PM, Russell King wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 01:31:04PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
>> Hi!

>>> It is indeed possible to cross post between lkml and lakml. The easiest
>>> way to do that is to subscribe to the list and tell Mailman that you
>>> don't want to receive any messages.
>> Actually I'm subscribed, but I still have far too many problems.
>>
>> Due to the approval process, I don't think you'll ever have a spammer
>> on lakml... can the mail size + #of people in to/cc list simply be
>> increased to lkml levels?
>
> The mail size is currently 100K, having been recently increased. I
> believe this is a sane limit.
>
> The number of people is 15, which is probably a little low. I've
> already explained my personal position over that limit concerning
> requests from you. Erik's position may be different.
>
>>> When I get such a Mailman message from a list I just shrug. The
>>> moderator will take care eventually and if he rejects it I don't care.
>>> Suggest you try to do the same, there are may more important things
>>> than a message that doesn't get it to a list.
>> Well, I'd say that mailing list is pretty vital for Linux-style
>> development, and those rejects are simply far too frequent.
>
> This is the first time in at least one month that anything from you has
> been held according to the logs. If I look at my mailbox which has
> 3400+ messages from the list since 1st June, you have sent 78 messages,
> only one of which was held.
>
> I think you need to develop a realistic sense of proportion.

I think the basis of Pavel's complaint is that the ARM mailing list is
difficult to work with for casual users who might want to forward say,
a simple bug report.

If data protection laws prevent you from keeping an open list, can't you
host the list at kernel.org or elsewhere?

Regards,
David.

  Last update: 2009-08-06 14:31    [W:0.134 / U:0.116 seconds]