    SubjectRe: linux-arm-kernel useless for development (was Re: Your message to Linux-arm-kernel awaits moderator approval)
    On Thu 2009-08-06 11:44:21, Russell King wrote:

    > It appears the answer to that is no. People are free to subscribe to
    > the one on vger, where they won't have to "put up" with me. However,
    > it seems that people much prefer to subscribe to my lists, because that
    > seems to be where the expertise is.
    >
    > Moreover,
    >
    > (a) when ever you have a problem, you go shouting and making public
    > accusations without trying first to resolve the problem in private.

    When I tried asking in private, I was told to stop complaining or loose
    my mailing list subscription. I'd prefer not to make that mistake again.

    > (c) you really don't understand that "held for moderation" is *not*
    > rejection, but merely a case of mailman spotting something it doesn't
    > like and letting a *human* deal with it rather than out-right rejecting
    > it.

    For lakml, held for moderation _does_ mean it will return with
    "posting rejected: no reason given" in few days. I have never seen any
    other result, and have got perfectly reasonable messages rejected with
    "no reason". So no, I do not believe there's cooperative human being
    moderating lakml.

    > I wonder, do you even know what happened to the message you're whinging
    > about? Would you prefer that your message was silently dropped into
    > /dev/null instead of having a chance of the issue being resolved? It
    > strikes me that _that_ would be a better solution than all your
    > whinging.

    So... your solution to broken mailing list is to silence everyone who
    complains?

    Pavel

      Last update: 2009-08-06 13:05    [W:0.023 / U:119.264 seconds]