    SubjectRe: MMC: Make the configuration memory resource optional
    Magnus Damm wrote:

    > Sorry for not answering your question earlier. This may sound starnge,
    > but I don't have any datasheet. I do however think that you can assume
    > a 1:1 host/card clock capability, at least to begin with.

    Im not so sure I can - the 1:1 clock on MFD is selected via the CNF IO
    area and as such the other users of the driver that dont have CNF areas
    cannot possibly be using this method. Do you have your own method for
    clock selection, or are you using the routine in tmio-mmc.c - if the
    latter then you are certainly not running a 1:1 clock

    > So please use the clock framework to enable/disable the clock and get
    > the rate, and we'll do our best to adjust the architecture code after
    > that. And I'll cook up a patch for Runtime PM on top of that if that's
    > ok with you.

    I _cant_ use the clock framework by itself in tmio-mmc because that
    would break each and every MFD user of the driver.

    -Ian

      Last update: 2009-08-05 14:09    [W:4.171 / U:0.324 seconds]