SubjectRe: raid is dangerous but that's secret (was Re: [patch] ext2/3: document conditions when reliable operation is possible)
also sprach Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@gmail.com> [2009.08.31.1949 +0200]:
> In the case of a degraded array, could the kernel be more
> proactive (or maybe even mdadm) and have the filesystem remount
> itself withOUT journalling enabled?  This seems on the surface to
> be possible, but I don't know the internal particulars that might
> prevent/allow it.

Why would I want to disable the filesystem journal in that case?

--
.''`. martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> Related projects:
: :' : proud Debian developer http://debiansystem.info

"i can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. there
is something unfair about its use. it is hitting below the
intellect."
-- oscar wilde

  Last update: 2009-08-31 20:19    [W:0.163 / U:4.860 seconds]