    SubjectRe: expresscard hotplug not working
    Matthew Garrett wrote:
    > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 08:45:47AM -0400, Mark Lord wrote:
    >> With acpiphp loaded, hotplug works on the ExpressCard slot
    >> of my Dell i9400 notebook. Well, it *mostly* works.
    > Ok, that's good.
    >> The part that is still b0rked is that inserted cards get
    >> "forgotten" about over suspend/resume (RAM) cycles.
    > I can entirely believe that that's broken. Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

    Great! Email me directly (or CC: me) if/when you'd like some more testing.

    Another thing that could be a factor here, is that neither method
    (acpiphp or pciehp) seems "automatic". The user has to know to load
    one or the other module, or at least manually add them to /etc/modules.

    This could account for some reports of the mechanism failing.

    Shouldn't one or the other module be loaded automatically somehow
    when a system has hotpluggable slots?

    Probably a chicken-and-egg issue, I suppose, or something for a distro to fuss over.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-08-31 15:13    [W:0.022 / U:1.924 seconds]