SubjectRe: expresscard hotplug not working
Mark Lord wrote:
> Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 08:52:45AM -0400, Mark Lord wrote:
>>
>>> Just create a file called /etc/modprobe.d/pciehp,
>>> and stick this one line into it:
>>>
>>> options pciehp pciehp_force=1
>>>
>>> See if that works.
>>
>> It's worth noting that Windows didn't support native pcie hotplug
>> until Vista, and so any hardware that works with XP (ie, basically all
>> of it, including Dells) is supposed to be using acpi hotplug instead.
>> I've fixed one bug that led to acpiphp not working on some hardware,
>> but if anyone's still running with pciehp_force=1 then please send me
>> the output of acpidump so it can be fixed properly.
> ..
>
> My Dell works fine with PCIe hotplug under XP,
> but not under Linux without pciehp_force=1.
>
> I have not retested without that parameter for quite some time, though.
> What do I have to do to retest with "acpihp" ?
..

Okay, I figured it out. Not very difficult, either. :)

With acpiphp loaded, hotplug works on the ExpressCard slot
of my Dell i9400 notebook. Well, it *mostly* works.

The part that is still b0rked is that inserted cards get
"forgotten" about over suspend/resume (RAM) cycles.

With pciehp + pciehp_force=1, everything works properly,
including keeping devices around over suspend/resume.

I am attaching the output of "acpidump -b | gzip" to this message.

Cheers

[unhandled content-type:application/x-gzip]

  Last update: 2009-08-31 14:49    [W:0.044 / U:18.848 seconds]