    On Thu, 27 Aug 2009, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

    > You are creating a "one special case" operation mode which is not
    > justified in my opinion. Let's look at the problem you want to solve:
    > Run exactly one thread on a dedicated CPU w/o any disturbance by the
    > scheduler tick.

    Thats not the problem I want to solve. There are multiple events that
    could disturb a process like timers firing, softirqs and hardirqs.

    > You can move away anything else than the scheduler tick from a CPU
    > today already w/o a single line of code change.

    How do you remove the per processor kernel threads for allocators and
    other kernel subsystems? What about IPI broadcasts?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-08-28 21:11    [W:0.020 / U:43.424 seconds]