SubjectRe: RFC: THE OFFLINE SCHEDULER
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Mike Galbraith<efault@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 13:29 +0300, raz ben yehuda wrote:
>
>> OFFSCHED is bad name to my project. My project is called SOS = Service
>> Oriented System.
>> SOS, has nothing to do with Real time.
>
> ??
>
> The paper you pointed me at maintains it's very much about realtime.
>
> <quote>
> This paper argues that OFFSCHED fits to the niche of Multiprocessors
> real time systems by partitioning a system to two; the operating system
> and OFFSCHED. OFFSHCED is a hybrid system. It is hybrid because it is
> both real time and still a regular Linux server. Real time is mainly
> achieved by the NMI characteristic and the CPU isolation. It is a hybrid
> system because OFFSCHED scheduler interacts with the operating system.
> </quote>
>
>        -Mike.

Mike Hello
Correct. OFFSCHED has a real time facet that puts it in the SMP real
time system arena. it has other facets such as security and
monitoring. If you take a look at OFFSCHED-RTOP and OFFSCHED-SECURED
you will see that I can actually get information and change a system
properties (very pool implementation so far, i am a bit tired...)
even if this kernel is not **accessible**.

Raz