    SubjectRe: Kconfig Q: expressing a modularity dependency
    Pavel Machek schrieb:

    >> So I'll just put a notice in the help text then, warning people
    >> not to set CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_GIGASET=y if their ISDN subsystem
    >> is built as a module. If anybody has a better idea I'll be
    >> glad to hear it.
    > That will break randconfig testing, AFAICT.

    I don't think so. Ignoring the warning will not result in a build
    failure, just in reduced functionality, and AFAIK that isn't an
    issue in randconfig testing.

    > AFAIK Kconfig supports if statement just fine, so can you just
    > if something
    > bool GIGASET
    > else
    > tristate GIGASET

    Interesting idea. I'll try that. It'll probably not make it into my
    submission for 2.6.32 anymore, but perhaps it can be retrofitted

    Tilman Schmidt E-Mail:
    Bonn, Germany
    Diese Nachricht besteht zu 100% aus wiederverwerteten Bits.
    Ungeöffnet mindestens haltbar bis: (siehe Rückseite)

      Last update: 2009-08-23 18:55    [W:0.048 / U:100.020 seconds]