SubjectRe: Kconfig Q: expressing a modularity dependency
Pavel Machek schrieb:

>> So I'll just put a notice in the help text then, warning people
>> not to set CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_GIGASET=y if their ISDN subsystem
>> is built as a module. If anybody has a better idea I'll be
>> glad to hear it.
>
> That will break randconfig testing, AFAICT.

I don't think so. Ignoring the warning will not result in a build
failure, just in reduced functionality, and AFAIK that isn't an
issue in randconfig testing.

> AFAIK Kconfig supports if statement just fine, so can you just
>
> if something
> bool GIGASET
> else
> tristate GIGASET

Interesting idea. I'll try that. It'll probably not make it into my
submission for 2.6.32 anymore, but perhaps it can be retrofitted
later.

Thanks,
Tilman

--
Tilman Schmidt E-Mail: tilman@imap.cc
Bonn, Germany

  Last update: 2009-08-23 18:55    [W:0.060 / U:0.300 seconds]