    SubjectRe: Kconfig Q: expressing a modularity dependency
    Pavel Machek schrieb:

    >> So I'll just put a notice in the help text then, warning people
    >> not to set CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_GIGASET=y if their ISDN subsystem
    >> is built as a module. If anybody has a better idea I'll be
    >> glad to hear it.
    >
    > That will break randconfig testing, AFAICT.

    I don't think so. Ignoring the warning will not result in a build
    failure, just in reduced functionality, and AFAIK that isn't an
    issue in randconfig testing.

    > AFAIK Kconfig supports if statement just fine, so can you just
    >
    > if something
    > bool GIGASET
    > else
    > tristate GIGASET

    Interesting idea. I'll try that. It'll probably not make it into my
    submission for 2.6.32 anymore, but perhaps it can be retrofitted
    later.

    Thanks,
    Tilman

    --
    Tilman Schmidt E-Mail: tilman@imap.cc
    Bonn, Germany

      Last update: 2009-08-23 18:55    [W:0.021 / U:208.564 seconds]