    SubjectRe: completely hide parts of the partition table from Windows?
    Mikael Pettersson writes:
    > Alan Cox writes:
    > > > Any recommendations? If no existing partition table format is suitable
    > > > for my use case then I'm perfectly willing to invent a simple new format
    > > > and add the corresponding parser to the kernel.
    > >
    > > Or if its not the boot partition can you not just tell device mapper about
    > > it and create a device mapper device of the offset ?
    >
    > I have no experience with the device mapper, but I'll give it a
    > try and see how it works out. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Doesn't work. I have unpartitioned space at the end of /dev/sda,
    but attempting to dmsetup create test --table '0 N linear /dev/sda M'
    fails in dm-table:__table_get_device() with -EBUSY. It does seem to
    work if the disk in question has no mounted partitions, but that
    won't be the case when the disk is in my laptop.

      Last update: 2009-08-23 00:57    [W:0.023 / U:29.608 seconds]