    SubjectRe: What to do?
    Date
    On Thursday 20 August 2009, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
    > Hi all.

    Hi,

    > A few months back, I posted TuxOnIce for something like the third time,
    > seeking to see if we could make some progress on getting it merged. The
    > outcome of that was an agreement between Rafael and I that we'd work on
    > getting TuxOnIce functionality (if not the actual code) merged bit by
    > bit, improving swsusp rather than doing an outright merge.
    >
    > Unfortunately, as the intervening months have shown, Rafael is busy with
    > other things and so am I. The few patches I did prepare and post have
    > had no review, and I haven't had a chance to build on or rework them
    > since. (I'd actually like them not to be merged, because I've realised
    > that there are more foundational changes that need to go in first.)
    >
    > Given that this has been the outcome so far, I see no reason to imagine
    > that we're going to make any serious progress any time soon.

    That unfortunately is probably right.

    The problem for my part is that new things are still appearing that I need to
    take care of rather urgently.

    In fact the user space part of (u)swsusp also has been suffering from the lack
    of attention recently, so to speak.

    > I'd therefore like to ask whether there's anyone out there who could do
    > one or more of:
    >
    > 1) Step up to the plate and help improve swsusp, without relying on any
    > help from me but with my blessing if they choose to copy wholesale bits
    > of TuxOnIce;
    > 2) Take over maintaining TuxOnIce from me;
    > 3) Some other way forward that hasn't occurred to me.
    >
    > Thoughts, input, flames, whatever else welcome. A lack of deadly silence
    > would be especially appreciated :)

    Well, the code is out there. If there's time to try to get it in, I think it's
    worth doing.

    Best,
    Rafael

      Last update: 2009-08-20 17:27    [W:2.202 / U:0.116 seconds]