    SubjectRe: [patch] perf tools: allow top users to switch between weighted and individual counter display

    * Mike Galbraith <efault@gmx.de> wrote:

    > On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 10:58 +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
    > > On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 10:09 +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote:
    > > > (depends on last resurrect annotation patch)
    > > >
    > > > perf_counter tools: allow top users to switch between weighted and individual counter display.
    > > >
    > > > Add [w]eighted hotkey. Pressing [w] toggles between displaying weighted total of all counters,
    > > > and the counter selected via [E]vent select key.
    > >
    > > /me stuck it next to that other one, let see what happens ;-)
    >
    > (plugs in Bitwolf-9000 charger)

    seems to work well here.

    A few minor comments:

    - I had to guess that '?' gets me a help screen. Might make sense
    to display a line at the bottom (?) to give some hints.

    - Once i was on the help screen, i expected either <Enter> or '?'
    to make it vanish. Only setting an option got rid of it - i
    suspect this should be improved. (Also, a line in the help screen
    that tells us how to go back without changing anything would be
    helpful as well.)

    - I randomly tried the 's' option to do annotation. But it didnt do
    anything. Probably because i didnt start perf top via --vmlinux,
    right? This behavior is not intuitive in any case - it should
    probably display an error message at minimum - but if possible it
    should try to guess the position of the vmlinux file.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2009-08-02 22:03    [W:0.025 / U:1.064 seconds]