SubjectRe: [Regression] PCI resources allocation problem on HP nx6325
On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 10:19:42AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Aug 2009, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> >
> > It *might* break HP's ia64 machines. I have this feeling that the serial
> > ports may be claimed in the resource tree before the PCI resources are
> > claimed (and then they need to nest under a PCI bus).
> >
> > How about this variant which will insert_resource for _bus_ resources,
> > but request_resource for _device_ resources?
>
> Ugh. Please no. Hackery like this will just lead to unmaintainable crud in
> the long run. Can you just fix ia64 instead? The firmware resources should
> be added _after_ the PCI resource tree has been walked, not before.

I'll take a look later if Andrew doesn't beat me to it. I still happen
to have two of those machines in my basement. But my wife is hassling
me to go out now (it's not crazy 40C in Ottawa ...)

--
Matthew Wilcox Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."

  Last update: 2009-08-02 19:27    [W:0.042 / U:3.240 seconds]