SubjectRe: CPU scheduler weirdness?

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 14:34 +0200, Marton Balint wrote:

>>> Only one remains here.. on a c2q running 2.6.31-rc6-tip
>>>
>>> Do you have a .config handy?
>>>

>> Yes it's in my original post:
>>
>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=125012584709800&w=2
>
> Right you are,.. so I build a kernel with the cgroup scheduler in and
> tested it on a dual-core opteron machine, but I can't seem to reproduce
> this.
>
> Are you using cgroups in any way, or do you simply have it enabled in
> your config?

No, it's just enabled. Actually the kernel is from the openSUSE build
service:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/openSUSE_11.1/x86_64/

But the problem is present for both the kernel-default kernel and the
kernel-vanilla kernel which does not contain any suse-specific patches.

This evening I had a bit more time to test, and I've made a surprising
discovery: I can only reproduce the bug if the kernel module of my TV
tuner card is loaded. I have a Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP Expert TV card, it
uses the cx8800 kernel module. It seems that the problem is somehow
related to the infrared sensor of the TV card, because I recompiled the
module with the 'case CX88_BOARD_WINFAST2000XP_EXPERT:' line removed from
cx88-input.c and I couldn't reproduce the bug with the new kernel module.

Regards,
Marton

  Last update: 2009-08-20 02:13    [W:0.077 / U:0.064 seconds]