SubjectRe: [S390] ftrace: update system call tracer support
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:51:10 +0200
Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

> * Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
>
> > * Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org> wrote:
> >
> > > [ Adding to Cc everyone that now has a broken tree thanks to this .. ]

> > > And this has now subsequently broken every single SH and S390
> > > configuration, [...]
> >
> > I test SH cross-builds regularly. I just checked the SH defconfig
> > and it builds just fine here:
> >
> > $ make -j32 CROSS_COMPILE=sh3-linux- ARCH=sh vmlinux
>
> The s390 build indeed broke. (This got masked by the s390 toolchain
> i'm using not having been able to build Linus's tree - i fixed
> that.)
>
> Could you try the fix below? It does the trick here.
>
> Martin, Heiko - does the fix look good to you? regs->gprs[2] seems
> to be the register used for both the syscall number (enter
> callback) and for the return code (exit callback).

Correct, for do_syscall_trace_{enter,exit} the code in entry.S stores
the system call number in regs->gprs[2]. The fix is fine.
Thanks Ingo.

--
blue skies,
Martin.

  Last update: 2009-08-18 11:01    [W:0.082 / U:0.392 seconds]