SubjectRe: [patch 00/15] clocksource / timekeeping rework V4 (resend V3 + bug fix)
On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 15:47 +0200, Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
> Greetings,
> version 4 of the clocksource / timekeeping cleanup patches. If you
> wonder why version 3 did not show up on the mailing list: I had a
> hiccup with quilt which did strange things to the message ids and
> the post to lkml got rejected. Sorry for the spamming of the people
> on Cc.
>
> John pointed out a subtle bug in v3 of the patch set with the reset of
> the cycle_last value in timekeeping_resume. Fixed in v4.
>
> The latest additions are:
> 1) Change read_persistent_clock to return a struct timespec instead of
> an unsigned long with the number of seconds.
> 2) Introduce read_boot_clock to initialize wall_to_monotonic.
> 3) Move the reset of cycle_last to zero from the timekeeping code to
> the TSC code.
>
> The patch set is based on todays upstream tree plus the patches from
> the tip tree, if anyone wants to try them you need to pull from the
> master branch of
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-tip
>
> Keeping the fingers crossed that this is now really done.
> John already gave his thumbs up for the patch series, so the next
> logical question is who is going to sit on the patches until the merge
> window is opened? I can certainly create a git branch on git390 for
> them, but the patches depend on some patches in the x86-tip tree.
> Thomas, any thoughts?

So with the fix I sent out to patch #4, this set looks good to me.

So for all of them, including the fixup:

Acked-by: John Stultz <johnstul@us.ibm.com>

thanks
-john

  Last update: 2009-08-15 03:51    [W:0.177 / U:0.144 seconds]