    SubjectRe: [patch 00/15] clocksource / timekeeping rework V4 (resend V3 + bug fix)
    On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 15:47 +0200, Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
    > Greetings,
    > version 4 of the clocksource / timekeeping cleanup patches. If you
    > wonder why version 3 did not show up on the mailing list: I had a
    > hiccup with quilt which did strange things to the message ids and
    > the post to lkml got rejected. Sorry for the spamming of the people
    > on Cc.
    >
    > John pointed out a subtle bug in v3 of the patch set with the reset of
    > the cycle_last value in timekeeping_resume. Fixed in v4.
    >
    > The latest additions are:
    > 1) Change read_persistent_clock to return a struct timespec instead of
    > an unsigned long with the number of seconds.
    > 2) Introduce read_boot_clock to initialize wall_to_monotonic.
    > 3) Move the reset of cycle_last to zero from the timekeeping code to
    > the TSC code.
    >
    > The patch set is based on todays upstream tree plus the patches from
    > the tip tree, if anyone wants to try them you need to pull from the
    > master branch of
    > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-tip
    >
    > Keeping the fingers crossed that this is now really done.
    > John already gave his thumbs up for the patch series, so the next
    > logical question is who is going to sit on the patches until the merge
    > window is opened? I can certainly create a git branch on git390 for
    > them, but the patches depend on some patches in the x86-tip tree.
    > Thomas, any thoughts?

    So with the fix I sent out to patch #4, this set looks good to me.

    So for all of them, including the fixup:

    Acked-by: John Stultz <johnstul@us.ibm.com>

    thanks
    -john

      Last update: 2009-08-15 03:51    [W:0.023 / U:88.416 seconds]