SubjectRe: [RFC] PCI: Runtime power management
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 01:29:25 +0100
Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org> wrote:

> I got a fixed BIOS from Dell and have been able to get this working
> now. It seems entirely happy with USB, but I'd like some sanity
> checks on whether I'm doing this correctly. There's certainly a
> couple of quirks related to setting the ACPI GPE type that would need
> a little bit of work in the ACPI layer, and it breaks ACPI-mediated
> PCI hotplug though that's easy enough to fix by just calling into the
> hotplug code from the core notifier.
>
> This patch builds on top of Rafael's work on systemwide runtime power
> management. It supports suspending and resuming PCI devices at
> runtime, enabling platform wakeup events that allow the devices to
> automatically resume when appropriate. It currently requires platform
> support, but PCIe setups could be supported natively once native PCIe
> PME code has been added to the kernel.

PCI bits look pretty good to me, though Rafael should take a look too.
Card readers and firewire could benefit from similar treatment, maybe
that would get us to .5W territory on some machines.

  Last update: 2009-08-14 19:39    [W:0.162 / U:0.652 seconds]