    SubjectQuestion about userspace-consumer
    Hi all,

    I was reading userspace-consumer file ad was wondering whether would be
    possible to use that in order to implement what SBS-IF [1] proposes
    using sbs-enabled devices.

    For doing that, probably userspace-consumer would have to be able to
    set_voltage/get_voltage, set/get_current_limit and so on. So I was
    thinking on changing userspace-consumer to use regulator_get() instead
    of regulator_bulk_get() and make each instance of userspace-consumer to
    talk to only and only one regulator.

    I didn't put down any code but that seems quite plausible if we attach
    userspace-consumer to the proper regulator(s) on board-file.

    For doing the implementation and test part, I was thinking on getting
    a bq2084evm [2] and sniffing the usb-i2c bus in order to write down some
    code to use that under linux, but that's just implementation details.

    Anyways, how do you guys feel about it ?

    [1] http://www.sbs-forum.org
    [2] http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/bq2084evm-001.html

    --
    balbi

      Last update: 2009-08-10 22:09    [W:0.020 / U:32.036 seconds]