SubjectRe: CONFIG_VFAT_FS_DUALNAMES regressions
Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Thu 2009-07-09 14:27:39, OGAWA Hirofumi wrote:
>
>> You are talking different thing than patch. Please stop it.
>>

> Outside of U.S., the patch makes obviously no sense.

I think it does make sense outside of the USA. Australia's previous
Prime Minister, Bonsai, signed a free trade agreement with Warmerica and
therefore the patent should be considered an active threat there, too.

While the patch seems too flawed, Andrew's approach, namely looking to
work around the patent, is sound. In fact it's more than sound, it's a
brilliant attack for the reasons he stated. Given the negative attitude
displayed towards Andrew's approach, I think it's appropriate for him to
get the policy clarified before he wastes any more of his time on the
technical issues.

I applaud his efforts in this regard.

  Last update: 2009-07-09 09:37    [W:0.131 / U:0.588 seconds]