    SubjectRe: Null Pointer BUG in uhci_hcd
    On Tue July 7 2009, Alan Stern wrote:
    > On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Michael S. Zick wrote:
    > > Will add that to my list - -
    > > I need to do that to find/fix that error path message flood loop in ehci anyway.
    > What EHCI message flood?

    Give me a chance to test what you have already put on my plate.
    It isn't very interesting - when the driver shuts down a hub
    for "problems found" (I can't be more specific at the moment)
    It will try to immediately after resume the hub;
    Which leads to it taking the hub out of service;
    Which leads to it trying to resume the hub;
    etc. etc. etc.
    That message flood in the error recovery path.

    Set: ignore_oc=1 on the command line and that will stop the flood
    at the first message - but only because it hard-locks the kernel with irq's disabled.

    On this machine, the "over current" sense is a false indication -
    something is not within the expected range.

    Thank goodness, no one has asked me to get this kernel certified
    for life-support use (not possible, the VIA silicon isn't certified either). ;)

    > Alan Stern

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-07-07 22:55    [W:0.042 / U:98.488 seconds]