SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Nvidia OHCI chipset MCP78S (Geforce 8200) hangs on > 1Mbit transfers if noapic/acpi=noirq is missing
On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:

> I hope I find here someone who wrote or know Linux ohci driver so he/she knows
> how to slow down ohci bulk/iso IO operations without breaking hotplug.

The speed of iso operations cannot be changed, because the transactions
have to occur at a specified interval.

OHCI doesn't provide any way to slow down bulk operations either, once
a bulk URB has been submitted. The best you can do is slow down the
rate of submission. But you already tried that and it didn't work.

> It looks Linux ohci driver is more aggressive on ohci IO than windows one so
> making Linux less timing demanding would help my MCP78S keep working.

I suspect you're looking in the wrong direction. There's probably
something wrong at a deeper level, in the chipset drivers for instance.

Alan Stern

  Last update: 2009-07-07 03:53    [W:0.070 / U:0.072 seconds]