    SubjectRe: [tip:x86/cleanups] x86: Clean up mtrr/cleanup.c
    On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 22:11 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > Jaswinder,
    >
    > On Sun, 5 Jul 2009, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
    > > On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 14:59 +0300, Pekka Enberg wrote:
    > > > What's with the attitude? It's perfectly okay for a commiter to change
    > > > the patch as long as it's mentioned in the changelog. And that's
    > > > usually much faster to do that for minor issues rather than ping the
    > > > original submitter and wait for a resend.
    > > >

    > > I was also thankful to him but then he send me a long email and blamed
    > > me that I wasted his 6 hours to do further cleanup and solve bugs and
    > > other irrelevant things.
    >
    > Err, you managed to create _three_ bugs in your trivial cleanup
    > patches and that's not irrelevant at all. That's a sign of sloppiness
    > and a pretty good reason not to trust any of your patches at all.
    >
    > > And told me to not send further patches otherwise he will ignore it.
    >
    > Right, and he is correct about that. This is not the first time and
    > you have been asked to be more careful with your patches several times
    > in the last months. It's _you_ who is not listening and not caring at
    > all.

    where is the list of bugs, I do not want to hear blah-blah.

    > > He is doing mistakes and blaming others and misusing maintainer-ship.
    >
    > Ingo did clean up _your_ mess and there was no mistake at all. He
    > blames _you_ correctly that _your_ trivial patches are buggy.

    again blah-blah, where is the bug list.

    > There is no misuse at all. Ingo is doing what a responsible maintainer
    > does: reviewing patches and fixing them up when necessary.

    Then he should do his work, no need to blame others.

    > His decision not to take any more cleanup patches from you is just the
    > result of your unwillingness to listen and to react on the requests
    > which were made to you from Ingo, myself and others.

    I even do not want to do further clean-ups, because it is never ending
    task and it is totally personnel flavor.

    Thanks,
    --
    JSR

      Last update: 2009-07-06 00:25    [W:0.023 / U:95.656 seconds]