SubjectRe: Way to combine kernel and initrd on x86 platform?
Subodh Nijsure wrote:

> Sorry if I am not being very smart here, confused by the remark "
> bzImage support would not be possible"
>
> I was able create wrapped image using command
>
> wraplinux -p "console=ttyS0,115200" -i initrd.gz -o
> vmlinux.initrd.wrap arch/i386/boot/bzImage
>
> I am using wraplinux version 1.6
>
> if I use any other image wraplinux doesn't find the version
> information and initrd image doesn't get attached.
>
> What file should I be specifying as the 'kernel' when I execute
> wrapimage if not the bzImage?
>
> ( I am working with 2.6.23 kernel)
>
> On my board I can boot the standard bzImage, but not able to load the
> wrapped image produced by wraplinux command. Would very much
> appreciate hints...

What I mean is that Wraplinux accepts bzImage as input and outputs ELF,
NBI or Multiboot. Depending on the bootloader on your board, you may
need to select one or the other of these formats, or might not be able
to at all. It does not *output* bzImage, and it isn't 100% trivial to
make it do so.

-hpa

  Last update: 2009-07-24 00:13    [W:0.074 / U:0.316 seconds]