    SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH] mm: Pass virtual address to [__]p{te,ud,md}_free_tlb()
    On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 05:11:13PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
    > On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 15:56 +0200, Nick Piggin wrote:
    > > > I would like to merge the new support that depends on this in 2.6.32,
    > > > so unless there's major objections, I'd like this to go in early during
    > > > the merge window. We can sort out separately how to carry the patch
    > > > around in -next until then since the powerpc tree will have a dependency
    > > > on it.
    > >
    > > Can't see any problem with that.
    >
    > CC'ing Linus here. How do you want to proceed with that merge ? (IE. so
    > far nobody objected to the patch itself)
    >
    > IE. The patch affects all archs, though it's a trivial change every
    > time, but I'll have stuff in powerpc-next that depends on it, and so I'm
    > not sure what the right approach is here. Should I put it in the powerpc
    > tree ?
    >
    > I also didn't have any formal Ack from anybody, neither mm folks nor
    > arch maintainers :-)

    Yeah, if you think it helps, Acked-by: Nick Piggin <npiggin@suse.de> is
    fine ;)

    Unless anybody has other preferences, just send it straight to Linus in
    the next merge window -- if any conflicts did come up anyway they would
    be trivial. You could just check against linux-next before doing so, and
    should see if it is going to cause problems for any arch pull...

      Last update: 2009-07-20 10:07    [W:0.022 / U:0.148 seconds]