lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2009]   [Jul]   [20]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: 2.6.31-rc1: zaurus suspend regressing
- Cortez - wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just tried to test suspend/resume with 2.6.31-rc3 on spitz (with charging
> disabled). This results in following kernel panic:
>

I suspect this is caused by commit 15bce40cb3133bcc07d548013df97e4653d363c1

[MTD] Restore suspend/resume support for mtd devices

This is intended to suspend/resume the _chip_, while we leave board
drivers to handle their own suspend/resume for the controller.

Cortez,

Could you please revert this and give another try?

> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
> pgd = c0004000
> [00000000] *pgd=00000000
> Internal error: Oops: 0 [#1] PREEMPT
> Modules linked in:
> CPU: 0 Tainted: G W (2.6.31-rc3-omegamoon-spitz #1)
> PC is at 0x0
> LR is at 0xc39cad3c
> pc : [<00000000>] lr : [<c39cad3c>] psr: 60000013
> sp : c3195ff8 ip : c39c9f00 fp : c39c9efc
> r10: c03ce9b8 r9 : 00000005 r8 : c39ca7b4
> r7 : 00000000 r6 : 00000000 r5 : c39ca780 r4 : 00000000
> r3 : 00000000 r2 : 00000000 r1 : 00000002 r0 : 00000000
> Flags: nZCv IRQs on FIQs on Mode SVC_32 ISA ARM Segment kernel
> Control: 0000397f Table: a1168000 DAC: 00000017
> Process kapmd (pid: 1426, stack limit = 0xc3194278)
> Stack: (0xc3195ff8 to 0xc3196000)
> 5fe0: 00000000
> 00000000
> Backtrace:
> [<c021f2fc>] (mtd_cls_suspend+0x0/0x30) from [<c02029e4>]
> (dpm_suspend_start+0x2
> ac/0x444)
> [<c0202738>] (dpm_suspend_start+0x0/0x444) from [<c0067500>]
> (suspend_devices_an
> d_enter+0x48/0x198)
> [<c00674b8>] (suspend_devices_and_enter+0x0/0x198) from [<c0067704>]
> (enter_stat
> e+0xb4/0xf4)
> r6:c040e608 r5:00000003 r4:00000000
> [<c0067650>] (enter_state+0x0/0xf4) from [<c0067768>] (pm_suspend+0x24/0x28)
> r5:c39c8000 r4:0000000a
> [<c0067744>] (pm_suspend+0x0/0x28) from [<c01f6858>] (kapmd+0x174/0x1d8)
> [<c01f66e4>] (kapmd+0x0/0x1d8) from [<c0051284>] (kthread+0x80/0x84)
> [<c0051204>] (kthread+0x0/0x84) from [<c003bedc>] (do_exit+0x0/0x6dc)
> r7:00000000 r6:00000000 r5:00000000 r4:00000000
> Code: bad PC value.
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
> pgd = c0004000
> [00000000] *pgd=00000000
> Internal error: Oops: 0 [#2] PREEMPT
> Modules linked in:
> CPU: 0 Tainted: G D W (2.6.31-rc3-omegamoon-spitz #1)
> PC is at 0x0
> LR is at 0xc39cad3c
> pc : [<00000000>] lr : [<c39cad3c>] psr: 60000013
> sp : c39c9ef0 ip : c39c9f00 fp : c39c9efc
> r10: c03ce9b8 r9 : 00000005 r8 : c39ca7b4
> r7 : 00000002 r6 : 00000000 r5 : c39ca780 r4 : 00000000
> r3 : 00000000 r2 : 00000000 r1 : 00000002 r0 : 00000592
> Flags: nZCv IRQs on FIQs on Mode SVC_32 ISA ARM Segment kernel
> Control: 0000397f Table: a1168000 DAC: 00000017
> Process kapmd (pid: 307, stack limit = 0xc39c8278)
> Stack: (0xc39c9ef0 to 0xc39ca000)
> 9ee0: c39c9f34 c39c9f00 c02029e4
> c021f308
> 9f00: c3aa64ac c2e8335c c39c9f2c 00000000 c03e0ce8 00000003 c39c9f84
> c040e5f8
> 9f20: 00000000 c39c9f90 c39c9f54 c39c9f38 c0067500 c0202744 00000000
> 00000000
> 9f40: 00000003 c040e608 c39c9f6c c39c9f58 c0067704 c00674c4 0000000a
> c39c8000
> 9f60: c39c9f7c c39c9f70 c0067768 c006765c c39c9fc4 c39c9f80 c01f6858
> c0067750
> 9f80: c39c9fc4 00000000 c3ad4000 c005136c c39c9f90 c39c9f90 c39c9fc4
> c39c9fcc
> 9fa0: c3825ef8 00000000 c01f66e4 00000000 00000000 00000000 c39c9ff4
> c39c9fc8
> 9fc0: c0051284 c01f66f0 00000000 00000000 c39c9fd0 c39c9fd0 00000000
> 00000000
> 9fe0: 00000000 00000000 00000000 c39c9ff8 c003bedc c0051210 726f7373
> 74656420
> Backtrace:
> [<c021f2fc>] (mtd_cls_suspend+0x0/0x30) from [<c02029e4>]
> (dpm_suspend_start+0x2
> ac/0x444)
> [<c0202738>] (dpm_suspend_start+0x0/0x444) from [<c0067500>]
> (suspend_devices_an
> d_enter+0x48/0x198)
> [<c00674b8>] (suspend_devices_and_enter+0x0/0x198) from [<c0067704>]
> (enter_stat
> e+0xb4/0xf4)
> r6:c040e608 r5:00000003 r4:00000000
> [<c0067650>] (enter_state+0x0/0xf4) from [<c0067768>] (pm_suspend+0x24/0x28)
> r5:c39c8000 r4:0000000a
> [<c0067744>] (pm_suspend+0x0/0x28) from [<c01f6858>] (kapmd+0x174/0x1d8)
> [<c01f66e4>] (kapmd+0x0/0x1d8) from [<c0051284>] (kthread+0x80/0x84)
> [<c0051204>] (kthread+0x0/0x84) from [<c003bedc>] (do_exit+0x0/0x6dc)
> r7:00000000 r6:00000000 r5:00000000 r4:00000000
> Code: bad PC value.
> ---[ end trace 1b75b31a2719ed1e ]---
> ---[ end trace 1b75b31a2719ed1f ]---
>
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
>
>> On Sat 2009-07-04 04:44:16, Pavel Machek wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> In 2.6.30, spitz suspended with PSPR fix + charging disabled.
>>>
>>> In 2.6.31-rc1, PSPR fix is in, but suspend does not work, not even
>>> with charging disabled.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>> Tried -rc2-git, still broken. Even pm-test=devices killed the machine,
>> so I hope it is the IDE problem that should be fixed in -rc3.
>>
>> --
>> (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek<http://www.livejournal.com/%7Epavelmachek>
>> (cesky, pictures)
>> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html<http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/%7Epavel/picture/horses/blog.html>
>>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> List admin: http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel
> FAQ: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/mailinglists/faq.php
> Etiquette: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/mailinglists/etiquette.php



\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2009-07-20 16:45    [W:0.065 / U:1.356 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site