SubjectPROPOSAL: extend pipe() to support NULL argument.
From
Linux also uses pipes as references of kernel buffers. In that case,
only one RW file descriptor will be enough, instead of inventing a new
system call, I think extending the existing pipe() is a better idea.
If pipe is passed with a NULL pointer, one RW file descriptor is
returned. I have checkd the other architectures except of x86, it
seems that not all of the platforms implement this system call with
the prototype: int pipe(int fd[2]); and changing glibc is needed. Is
it possible to extend pipe() in this way?

--
Regards,
Changli Gao(xiaosuo@gmail.com)