    SubjectRe: CONFIG_VFAT_FS_DUALNAMES regressions
    From
     > I have no objection to improve. And in this case, for this option, to
    > force the shortname= sounds reasonable.

    Great!

    Which varient of this would you prefer I implement? I think the two
    obvious choices are:

    1) do what I did in the May patch, which is to force
    VFAT_SFN_CREATE_WINNT when the patch code triggers.

    2) force VFAT_SFN_CREATE_WINNT, but also if the name is mixed case
    within either prefix or extension (such as "Mixed.TXT") then force
    that part of the name to all lowercase. So "Mixed.TXT" would become
    "mixed.TXT" on disk.

    The 2nd choice maximises compatibility with devices that don't
    understand long filenames (such as Jan's camera). The first option
    keeps case preservation for devices that do understand long filenames.

    What do you think?

    Cheers, Tridge

      Last update: 2009-07-03 03:15    [W:4.057 / U:0.048 seconds]