SubjectRe: Regression 2.6.31: xc5000 no longer works with Myth-0.21-fixes branch
Mark Lord wrote:
..
> Really, the mythfrontend DOES NOT DEAL WITH TUNERS directly,
> leaving that to the mythbackend. EXCEPT for when it wants to show
> a signal strength/quality indication onscreen, which is done
> when tuning to a new channel.
>
> So it's got to be something on that pathway, I suspect,
> but despite being a kernel developer, I'm not terribly
> knowledgeable about V4L, DVB, or the MythTV internals.
..

Okay, got it. Sort of. :)

1. Patched mythtv to not show the signal strength info. No effect.

2. Substituted a different brand/model/chipset DVB tuner for the 950Q,
and everything was working fine again. So we know it's not a generic issue.

3. In mythtv-setup -> CaptureCards -> DVB:1 -> RecordingOptions
there is a tickbox for "Open DVB Card on Demand". It was ticked,
so I un-ticked that box. Everything now works!

When that tickbox was selected, the xc5000 took five (5) seconds to "open",
as it did the firmware upload every time. This appeared to exceed some
timeout inside myth.

With the tickbox NOT ticked, myth just opens the tuner once at startup,
and keeps it open, so no more delay when it wants to use it.

I wonder if we can be smarter/faster about the xc5000 firmware uploads?

Cheers

  Last update: 2009-07-19 17:55    [W:0.453 / U:0.172 seconds]