SubjectRe: kernel stuck at trying to change CPU resolution.
On Fri 17.Jul'09 at 15:37:42 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:16:53 -0400
> Tj Hariharan <tj.physicist@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi, I have a Pentium-M 1.86GHZ processor Laptop. Standard DELL Latitude
> > D610. I ran the 2.6.31-rc1 kernel (updated tree as of 10 minutes ago).
> > The kernel gets stuck at the message saying "Switching to High
> > resolution mode on CPU0" after about 10 minutes it goes to the next
> > step, but then continues to get stuck. There is no log, as presumable
> > this is happening before the kernel fully initialises the harddrive and
> > passes control to user mode. I am running a non modular kernel with no
> > major changes made to my configuration since 2.6.27. I have never had
> > any issues thus far. Since I am using a laptop I am unable to access the
> > sysrq key (which in my case is not prnt screen, but Fn+PrintScreen, and
> > Fn key is not read by kernel at all, even after full boot and under
> > normal conditions). Thank you for your time. I have also attached my
> > config file.
> >

> Thanks for the report.
>
> Is this regression still present in 2.6.31-rc3 or later?
>
> If so, do you know if the bug was present in 2.6.30/29/28?

The above description made me remember about
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/4/30/464
and
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/12/14/148

Perhaps it is just coincidence and the bugs are not related, but
I felt the need to point them out just in case.

  Last update: 2009-07-18 03:03    [W:0.043 / U:31.188 seconds]