SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE][RFC] trace-cmd - command line reader for ftrace
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> Since using echo and cat can sometimes be annoying to set up the tracer,
> I've been asked several times if I could come up with a tool to do it for
> you. For the last few weeks I've been working on one. The most difficult
> job was to parse out the "print_fmt" of the format files in the event.
>
> This code is somewhat a proof of concept and is in alpha form. Although it
> is still very functional and useful. I can imagine that this could also be
> sucked into Ingo Molnar's "perf" utility.

That would be the first thing to do. Please integrate it with perf so
we have one "look into the kernel" tool instead of N different ones
with separate command line syntax and output style.

Thanks,

tglx

  Last update: 2009-07-17 21:47    [W:0.035 / U:19.324 seconds]