SubjectRe: [regression] 2.6.30 leaking keys on console switch
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > > Umm, doesn't SuSE still use legacy keyboard driver instead of evdev in
> > > X? Thomas mentioned recently it still did...
> >
> > It does.
> >
> > If I understand Andi's problem though, he is able to trigger the problem
> > even solely on console, with X not being involved at all.
>
> Sorry, I tried again and I can't reproduce the console misbehaviour anymore.
> Only see it in X. I thought I had seen it in links resetting to the first
> page, but I don't see that now.

So by total coincidence I reproduced exactly this behavior (*) (while not
trying to do so) on system running 2.6.24-rc3, with PS/2 keyboard.

Andi, are you absolutely sure that this appeared between .29 and .30 for
you?

And if so, is there any chance you could try bisecting it?

(*) have been on virtual desktop where firefox was running, switched to
console using Ctrl-Alt-F1, and switched back to X using F7. Firefox then
popped up some dialog about configuring some feature that is triggered by
pressing F7/AltF7, or whatever. Is that what you are seeing?

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2009-07-16 11:05    [W:0.096 / U:0.176 seconds]