SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 1.6.4.rc1
Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Jeff Garzik <> writes:
>> Is there some sort of guide to the new best practices for handling
>> trees such as, where one pushes into "foo.git"
>> directly, and there is no checked-out source code at all?
> I think old repositories will be helped if you add
> [core]
> bare
> to their foo.git/config files.

Thanks. What about cloning new repositories? Real world example:

Local workstation has /spare/repo/cld/.git repository, with checked-out
working tree.

I want to publish this tree to the world via a * system,
so my task is to

scp -r /spare/repo/cld/.git

but if I do this with scp, then future pushes to emit the warning about updating the
currently checked-out branch -- even though there are no checked-out
files. The checked-out files were not copied in the scp.