    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 1.6.4.rc1
    Junio C Hamano wrote:
    > Jeff Garzik <> writes:
    >> Is there some sort of guide to the new best practices for handling
    >> trees such as, where one pushes into "foo.git"
    >> directly, and there is no checked-out source code at all?
    > I think old repositories will be helped if you add
    > [core]
    > bare
    > to their foo.git/config files.

    Thanks. What about cloning new repositories? Real world example:

    Local workstation has /spare/repo/cld/.git repository, with checked-out
    working tree.

    I want to publish this tree to the world via a * system,
    so my task is to

    scp -r /spare/repo/cld/.git

    but if I do this with scp, then future pushes to emit the warning about updating the
    currently checked-out branch -- even though there are no checked-out
    files. The checked-out files were not copied in the scp.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-07-16 08:47    [W:0.019 / U:36.120 seconds]