SubjectRe: RFC for a new Scheduling policy/class in the Linux-kernel

Raistlin wrote:
> Also, I'm not sure I can find in the FMLP paper information about the
> possibility of a task to suspend itself (e.g., I/O completion) while
> holding a short lock... I assume this is not recommended, but may be
> wrong, and, in that case, I hope Prof. Anderson and Bjorn will excuse
> and correct me. :-)

This is a really excellent point and something I probably should have
mentioned. We developed the FMLP strictly for real-time (only)
workloads. We were specifically looking at protecting memory-resident
resources (not I/O). The FMLP would have to be significantly extended
to work in settings where these assumptions don't hold.

Thanks for pointing this out.

-Jim

  Last update: 2009-07-16 15:03    [W:0.090 / U:0.132 seconds]