    SubjectRe: Support for synaptic touchscreen in HTC dream
    On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Pavel Machek<> wrote:
    > Hi!
    >> > +static void decode_report(struct synaptics_ts_data *ts, u8 *buf)
    >> > +{
    >> some documentation about this logic would be great.
    > Arve, can you help here?

    This sensor sends two 6-byte absolute finger reports, an optional
    2-byte relative report followed by a status byte
    This function reads the two finger reports and transforms the
    coordinates according the platform data so they can be aligned with
    the lcd behind the touchscreen. typically we flip the y-axis since the
    sensor uses the bottom left corner as the origin, but if the sensor is
    mounted upside down the platform data will request that the x-axis
    should be flipped instead. The snap to inactive edge border are used
    to allow tapping the edges of the screen on the G1. The active area of
    the touchscreen is smaller than the lcd. When the finger gets close
    the edge of the screen we snap it to the edge. This allows ui elements
    at the edge of the screen to be hit, and it prevents hitting ui
    elements that are not at the edge of the screen when the finger is
    touching the edge.

    Arve Hjønnevåg

      Last update: 2009-07-15 23:35    [W:0.020 / U:0.060 seconds]