SubjectRe: [patch] proc.txt: Update kernel filesystem/proc.txt documentation
Am Dienstag, den 09.06.2009, 12:36 -0700 schrieb Andrew Morton:
> On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 12:35:58 +0200
> Stefani Seibold <stefani@seibold.net> wrote:
>
> > This is a patch against the file Documentation/filesystem/proc.txt.
> >
> > It is an update for the "Process-Specific Subdirectories" to reflect
> > the changes till kernel 2.6.30. It also introduce the my
> > "provide stack information for threads".
>
> Sorry, but it would be much preferable to do this as two patches. The
> first fixes up proc.txt and the second adds the
> stack-information-for-threads material.

That is really frustrating. I did everything that you and ingo molnar
had complained.

What is wrong with the "provide stack information for threads"? It is a
very tiny patch which did not harm.

The only reason to fix and update the proc.txt was that you told me that
this is the last thing that you miss.

> This is because the two changes are quite conceptually distinct, and we
> might end up wanting to merge one chage and not the other.

Okay, if the other patch will not included than it makes no sense for me
to get in the other.

Simple question: will you accept the thread stack info patch or not? If
yes, i will spent the time to split proc.txt patch.

  Last update: 2009-06-09 22:57    [W:0.051 / U:0.444 seconds]