    SubjectRe: [RFC] IO scheduler based IO controller V4
    On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 12:22:25PM +0800, Gui Jianfeng wrote:
    > Vivek Goyal wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > Here is the V4 of the IO controller patches generated on top of 2.6.30-rc8.
    > >

    > Hi Vivek,
    >
    > I can't apply the patchset.
    >
    > [root@localhost linux-2.6.30-rc8-Vivek-V4]# git-am ../V4/1.eml
    > Applying io-controller: Documentation
    > [root@localhost linux-2.6.30-rc8-Vivek-V4]# git-am ../V4/2.eml
    > Applying io-controller: Common flat fair queuing code in elevaotor layer
    > error: patch failed: block/Makefile:15
    > error: block/Makefile: patch does not apply
    > Patch failed at 0001.
    > When you have resolved this problem run "git-am --resolved".
    > If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git-am --skip".

    Hi Gui,

    This is strange. It seems to be applying cleanly for me. Can you please
    recheck your setup and also see why it is failing. In block/Makefile,
    there is one line change and recently no change has taken to that file
    in git.

    Thanks
    Vivek

    [vgoyal@machine linux-2.6]$ git-am /tmp/V4/ioc-v4
    Applying: io-controller: Documentation
    Applying: io-controller: Common flat fair queuing code in elevaotor layer
    Applying: io-controller: Charge for time slice based on average disk rate
    Applying: io-controller: Modify cfq to make use of flat elevator fair
    queuing
    Applying: io-controller: Common hierarchical fair queuing code in
    elevaotor layer
    Applying: io-controller: cfq changes to use hierarchical fair queuing code
    in elevaotor layer
    Applying: io-controller: Export disk time used and nr sectors dipatched
    through cgroups
    Applying: io-controller: idle for sometime on sync queue before expiring
    it
    Applying: io-controller: Separate out queue and data
    Applying: io-conroller: Prepare elevator layer for single queue schedulers
    Applying: io-controller: noop changes for hierarchical fair queuing
    Applying: io-controller: deadline changes for hierarchical fair queuing
    Applying: io-controller: anticipatory changes for hierarchical fair
    queuing
    Applying: blkio_cgroup patches from Ryo to track async bios.
    Applying: io-controller: map async requests to appropriate cgroup
    Applying: io-controller: Per cgroup request descriptor support
    Applying: io-controller: Support per cgroup per device weights and io
    class
    Applying: io-controller: Debug hierarchical IO scheduling
    Applying: io-controller: experimental debug patch for async queue wait
    before expiry

      Last update: 2009-06-09 16:03    [W:0.023 / U:2.332 seconds]