SubjectRe: SOCK_RAW does not receive broadcast (with VLAN unless PROMISC)
From
From: Gil Beniamini <gil.beniamini@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 21:05:25 +0300

> Dear Linux Experts,
>
> My application is using PF_PACKET and SOCK_RAW in order to receive all
> Ethernet packets for the machine-unicast MAC plus all broadcast
> packets (like ARP broadcast).

Please post networking questions and reports to netdev@vger.kernel.org
which is where the networking experts are subscribed.

I am also fully aware of your problem as Linus Torvalds forwarded
your report to me last week, you just need to be patient as I simply
haven't had a chance to look into it yet.