SubjectRe: [git pull] IDE fixes

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> This is not a new feature and basing your opinions on opinions of people
> who don't read the code before commenting is bad, really bad, m'kay?

The thing is, I had planned on doing a final release yesterday, even
before your pull came in. I decided to hold off, let it be, just to test
the _current_ state a bit more. No way am I then adding some effectively
totally untested new code-path.

And if you start messing in partitions.c and adding whole new callback
functions to generic block_device_operations, then that's a new code-path.
The IDE subsystem has _no_ business adding random new callbacks in
the very last days of a release.

It sure as hell is not just a bugfix, it's a new feature. The feature may
be _needed_ for some specific bug report, but that is totally irrelevant.
We don't do things like that.

It's also almost certainly not a regression, is it? So by no measure does
it work as a "late in the -rc sequence" patch.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-10-18 23:28    [W:0.043 / U:7.072 seconds]