    SubjectRe: Kernel 2.6.30rc7 limits IDE to UDMA33
    2009/6/7 Robert Hancock <>:
    > Grozdan wrote:
    >> 2009/6/6 Robert Hancock <>:
    >>> Thing is somehow the GTM detection isn't working now and it apparently
    >>> was
    >>> in I'm not seeing any patches to pata_via or libata-acpi that
    >>> seem
    >>> like they would affect this offhand. Grozdan, would you be able to try
    >>> git
    >>> bisect to try to figure out what changed the behavior?
    >>> CCing Tejun in case he has any ideas..
    >> I've no idea how and where to do a git bisect so if someone is willing
    >> to explain in simple steps, I can try...
    > Linus's post on here is a pretty simple explanation:

    Yes, it's clear to someone who's familiar with git but not to a noob
    like me. Where do I run this git? After it's finished what to do next?
    How many times do I have to compile kernels? Which kernels exactly?
    After booting a "bad" kernel, what then? etc... From reading the
    article, the guy has to compile 14!! times just to catch a problem
    between kernel 2.6.21 and 2.6.22. I guess in my case I'll have to
    compile a lot more than 14 times to catch something between kernel
    2.6.27 and 2.6.30 and honestly I don't have time for this right now.
    However, I did a diff between the pata_via driver of kernel 2.6.27 and
    2.6.30 and there have been changes to it but I'm not sure if they
    affect the cable detection...

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-06-07 20:27    [W:0.031 / U:96.440 seconds]