SubjectRe: [benchmark] 1% performance overhead of paravirt_ops on native kernels
Dave McCracken wrote:
> What I see as the message of his benchmark is if you care about performance
> you should be customizing your kernel anyway. Distro kernels are slow. An
> option that makes the distro kernel a bit slower is no big deal since anyone
> who wants speed should already be rebuilding their kernel.

And Oracle of course supports customers doing that?

Not in my experience, and the same goes for most other commercial
enterprise software on Linux as well, so customers have to stick to
distro kernels, if they want support.

Regards,
Anders K. Pedersen

  Last update: 2009-06-06 21:03    [W:0.510 / U:0.288 seconds]