    SubjectRe: Problems with snd-hda-intel on hp 6930p (2.6.30)
    At Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:15:37 +0200,
    Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > On Tuesday 30 June 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > > On Tuesday 30 June 2009, Takashi Iwai wrote:

    > > > Could you run alsa-info.sh with --no-upload option on both "muted"
    > > > and "not muted" states, and attach the generated files?
    > >
    > > Sure. In the meantime it turned out that after a power off and cold boot the
    > > status of the master control is 'on', but the led indicator shows 'no sound', so
    > > there are 5 outputs:
    > > * alsa-info-postboot.txt - after power off and cold boot
    > > * alsa-info-led.txt - led indicator switched to 'on' when it was in the
    > > alsa-info-postboot.txt state
    > > Now I switched to AC power and rebooted the box without powering off:
    > > * alsa-info-muted.txt - initial state with the 'muted' master control
    > > * alsa-info-on.txt - master control switched to 'on' when it was in the
    > > alsa-info-muted.txt state
    > > * alsa-info.txt - led indicator switched to 'on' when it was in the
    > > alsa-info-on.txt state
    > >
    > > > If it's a regression (heh :), please give alsa-info.sh output on
    > > > older kernels.
    > >
    > > No, it's not a regression. At least not from 2.6.27.
    > >
    > > Please let me know if you need more information.
    >
    > One more thing. The headphones output actually works regardless of the
    > led indicator status, so only the built-in speakers output seems to be
    > affected.

    How can you turn on/off LED? From your explanation, it seems not
    directly bound with the audio mute.

    Anyway, try model=mobile or model=laptop for snd-hda-intel module
    option. Does the speaker work?

    Takashi

      Last update: 2009-06-30 16:37    [W:0.024 / U:60.740 seconds]