    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] notification tree - fsnotify assumes incorrectly positive parent dentry

    On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Jeremy Kerr wrote:

    > > Hmm. It does sound like a reasonable assumption, though. Maybe spufs
    > > should be fixed to have an inode for all directories?
    >
    > We have inodes for all directories, it's just the order which we set
    > things up. When a new 'spu context' (ie, a directory with a bunch of
    > files) is created, we add the parent dentry, populate it with files
    > (positive dentries), then instantiate the parent.
    >
    > There's no specific need to do it in this order, it just makes the code
    > a little simpler - we just 'stitch the parent in' once everything else
    > has completed successfully, so less stuff to do in the error path.
    >
    > > A NULL d_inode means that something is a negative dentry, and a
    > > negative dentry shouldn't have children.
    >
    > OK. If this is a general invariant, then I'll get a change to spufs
    > going to do the setup in the right order.

    Hmm. I doubt it matters a ton, but if it's easy to change it so that it
    populates the parent inode first, I think that would be a good thing.
    Thanks,

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-10-18 23:28    [W:0.021 / U:62.168 seconds]