SubjectRe: [dm-devel] REQUEST for new 'topology' metrics to be moved out of the 'queue' sysfs directory.
On Mon, June 29, 2009 8:18 pm, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27 2009, Neil Brown wrote:
>> > There's no such thing as first or second class block devices. The fact
>> > that drivers using ->make_request_fn directly do not utilize the full
>> > scope of the queue isn't a very interesting fact, imho.
>>
>> Your phrase "drivers using ->make_request_fn directly" seems to
>> suggest you are looking at things very differently to me.
>>
>> From my perspective, all drivers use ->make_request_fn equally.
>> Some set it to "__make_request", some to "md_make_request", others to
>> "dm_request" or "loop_make_request" etc.
>
> Neil, will you please stop these silly games. Stop trying to invent
> differences based on interpretations of what you read into my replies.

We do seem to be having trouble communicating don't we :-(
Be assured that it is not my intention to play games, silly or otherwise.

Maybe I should just try sending you patches. Maybe that will
make my meaning clearer.

For the moment, I'm much more interested in the other question,
that of whether I can avoid having a 'queue' directory introduced into
md/dm/etc device directories in sysfs.

NeilBrown

  Last update: 2009-06-29 12:55    [W:0.048 / U:0.940 seconds]