SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH] Winbond CIR driver for the WPCD376I chip (ACPI/PNP id WEC1022)
> Which way of stopping the serial layer from grabbing the port did you have
> in mind?
>
> If I call uart_remove_one_port, I'd need to get struct uart_driver *drv
> and struct uart_port *port from somewhere. Also, it'd be quite ugly to
> have /dev/ttyX appear and magically disappear during boot (since 8250 is
> compiled in with most distro kernels and my driver would be a module which
> would be loaded much later).
>
> The only alternative I could think of would be to get the serial core to
> check with acpi_check_resource_conflict for ports that have not been
> discovered via PNP/ACPI?

You can vanish it with setserial as stands. There isn't a good
interface for doing that from kernel side but as you can see from
setserial the infrastructure is all there to add it.

  Last update: 2009-06-25 15:19    [W:0.054 / U:0.284 seconds]