SubjectRe: S+core architecture (arch/score/) support files
> I think merge score to upstream will be no harm to linux kernel.

The problem is just that if the code is not tested in its
current configuration it will most likely not work (unless you're a perfect
coder, but most of us are not). And merging code that doesn't work doesn't
make sense.

The need for a full retest after the changes inspired by review
feedback is somewhat annoying -- I agree -- but there's really
no way around it that I know.

BTW I'm not saying that LTP is the perfect user test (it's definitely
not), but it's a relatively useful basic sanity check and you
should pass something like this at least. Other real user testing would
be still needed too of course then.

-Andi

  Last update: 2009-06-24 09:09    [W:0.086 / U:0.056 seconds]