SubjectRe: NILFS2 get stuck after bio_alloc() fail
Ryusuke Konishi, el 23 de junio a las 13:40 me escribiste:
> Hi Leandro,
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:13:13 -0300, Leandro Lucarella <llucax@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ryusuke Konishi, el 15 de junio a las 03:02 me escribiste:
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > Thank you for your help.
> > >
> > > According to your log, there seems to be a leakage in clear processing
> > > of the writeback flag on pages. I will review the error path of log
> > > writer to narrow down the cause.
> >
> > Oh! I forgot to tell you that the cleanerd process was not running. When
> > I mounted the NILFS2 filesystem the cleanerd daemon said:
> >
> > nilfs_cleanerd[29534]: start
> > nilfs_cleanerd[29534]: cannot create cleanerd on /dev/loop0
> > nilfs_cleanerd[29534]: shutdown
> >
> > I thought I might have an old utilities version and that could be because
> > of that (since the nilfs website was down I couldn't check), but now
> > I checked in the backup nilfs website that latest version is 2.0.12 and
> > I have that (Debian package), so I don't know why the cleanerd failed to
> > start in the first place.
>
> At the last weekend, several users gave me feedback on the same early
> failure of cleanerd process.
>
> This problem turned out to be caused by an elementaly bug in the
> userland library of nilfs; there was a lack of canonicalization of
> pathname in the library, and it caused the failure, for example, when
> user adds an extra slash symbol to the mount directory name.
>
> We have released nilfs2-utils-2.0.13 yesterday to resolve this mess.
> If you didn't know it, please try the updated package.

Ok, thanks for your help. I'll try the new nilfs-utils and the patch you
sent when I have some time and report the results.

GPG Key: 5F5A8D05 (F8CD F9A7 BF00 5431 4145 104C 949E BFB6 5F5A 8D05)

  Last update: 2009-06-23 15:41    [W:0.108 / U:0.072 seconds]